Todd Baldwin is an African American entrepreneur, investor, and public figure best known for his unorthodox real estate strategy involving renting homes out by the bedrooms.
Early Life 👶
Growing up, Todd got his first job at 12 years old, shoveling horse manure at a local ranch. He started landscaping business at the age of 15 and took part in playing Football for Sequim High School. During high school, he started a candy company and also pursued a career in amateur boxing.
Upon graduating high school, Todd attended Western Washington University, where he met his wife, Angela. Todd later dropped out of college to take a sales job working for an insurance company.
Real Estate Investing 🏡
In December of 2015, Todd bought his 1st property when he was 23 years old. He and his girlfriend (now wife) lived in the master bedroom, and they rented out the remaining bedrooms to their friends. Nine months later, Todd bought his second property, which he, in turn, rented out the entire house by the bedroom. In March of 2017, Todd bought his third rental property, which he moved into, and rented out every spare bedroom. Todd purchased two more properties in 2018, renting both of them out by the bedroom as well. In 2019, Todd purchased a duplex in Burien, WA. He moved to with his wife, renting one side of the duplex out on Airbnb and converting the garage space to a studio apartment.
Because of his real estate accomplishments, Todd was interviewed by CNBC Make It, BiggerPockets, CNBC Select, and Black Enterprise. Here is one of his videos with CNBC that got more than 1.8 million views.
Following the airing of CNBC's first video with Todd, it inspired him to start a YouTube channel to help others learn financial hacks to better themselves. His channel is Todd Baldwin - The Millennial Millionaire. He publishes daily and has a wide selection of videos teaching personal finance, real estate, secret shopping, and more. In fact, a lot of his videos are also featured on our site. Check out his channel, and don't forget to subscribe and support his work! Also, here are some links to some of Todd's pieces on the site.
- 6 Reasons Why Real Estate Is The Best Investment 🏡💰
- House Hacking: What To Look For When Buying Your First Property
- The Ultimate Step-by-Step Beginner's Guide to Investing in Real Estate 🏡👣
Personal Life 😎
Press Coverage 📰
- The 2 go-to questions this millennial millionaire asks himself before paying for anything
- A millennial millionaire with 15 credit cards shares the one time he won’t open a new one
- How a 27-year-old millionaire in the Seattle area spends his money
- The budget breakdown of a 27-year-old millionaire who brings in $615,000 and owns 6 properties
- What it’s like to be a millennial landlord during the coronavirus pandemic
- MEET THE 27-YEAR-OLD MILLIONAIRE WHO SAVES 80% OF HIS INCOME
- Ryan Serhant Reacts: Living on $615K A Year In Seattle | Millennial Money
- Being a landlord is not a job. That’s the appeal for many | Fast Company